Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup
A hearty, warm soup to get you through a cold day.
Serves: 6Serves: 6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Over medium heat, brown the sausage in a large dutch oven. Once the sausage is done, transfer it to a bowl or plate with a slotted spoon. You will want to leave roughly 2 to 3 tablespoons of fat in the dutch oven.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery to the dutch oven and saute until the onions become slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white sweet potatoes, bone broth, and remaining seasoning to the dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Remove from heat, and remove the bay leaf.
- With an immersion blender, blend the soup until about half of the diced vegetables have been pureed.
- Add the sausage back in to the soup and let sit for 5 minutes or until the sausage is warm.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
4 made this
Ready in 24 hours to 48 hours
3 made this
Ready in 6 hours to 8 hours
1 made this
Ready in 4 hours and 30 minutes to 6 hours and 30 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel