Sausage and Sweet Potato Soup
A hearty, warm soup to get you through a cold day.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Pork, Sausage
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Carrots, diced
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Celery, diced
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Sweet Potato, White, diced
- 5 cup 5 cup 5 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Bay Leaf
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp dried Sage
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Salt and Pepper, or to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Over medium heat, brown the sausage in a large dutch oven. Once the sausage is done, transfer it to a bowl or plate with a slotted spoon. You will want to leave roughly 2 to 3 tablespoons of fat in the dutch oven.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery to the dutch oven and saute until the onions become slightly translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the white sweet potatoes, bone broth, and remaining seasoning to the dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and let simmer for 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are fork tender.
- Remove from heat, and remove the bay leaf.
- With an immersion blender, blend the soup until about half of the diced vegetables have been pureed.
- Add the sausage back in to the soup and let sit for 5 minutes or until the sausage is warm.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week