Salsa Verde; Green Enchilada Sauce
This simple salsa verde taste great on vegetables or meat.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Tomatillo, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Green Bell Peppers, roughly chopped
- 1 - 2 whole 1 - 2 whole 1 - 2 whole Jalapeño, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, finely chopped
- 5 - 6 whole 5 - 6 whole 5 - 6 whole Garlic, finely chopped
- 0.5 bunch 0.5 bunch 0.5 bunch Cilantro
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Water
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine the tomatillos, green peppers, jalapenos, cilantro, cumin, salt, chili powder, pepper, and water in a blender.
- Blend until you reached the desired consistency - set aside
- In a large pot or skillet heat the coconut oil
- Saute the onion and garlic together until fragrant and softened
- Add the content of the blender to the skillet or pot
- Allow to simmer 45 minutes or until reduced to desired consistency
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.