Sage Roasted Butternut Squash Puree
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into equally-sized pieces. Toss the chopped squash with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and 1 teaspoon of sage.
- Roast the squash until fork tender, about 30 minutes. For a more even cooking, flip the squash halfway through the cooking process.
- Add the cooked squash to a high speed blender or food processor with the 2 tablespoons of butter or coconut oil. Process until the squash is pureed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve with extra sage to garnish.
If using fresh sage, increase the amount to 1 Tablespoon.