Roasted Marrow Bones with Spicy Caper Relish
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Beef Marrow Bones, 2 large, 6
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Onion, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Capers, minced
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp Chipotle Powder, a pinch
- 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp 1/8 tsp Paprika, a pinch
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Salt, a bigger pinch
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard Mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place marrow bones in a roasting dish, and roast for 20-30 minutes (depending on their thickness, and whether or not they are cut in half longways).
- Mince onion, capers and garlic. Toss with the olive oil and spices.
- Saute onion caper relish in a small skillet over medium-low heat until onions are soft. Shut off heat, and allow to rest until marrow bones are done.
- Serve marrow bones with the onion caper relish and a spoonful of grain mustard.
Marrow bones sliced longways are ideal for this recipe. Have your butcher prepare the bones this way. If they are not sliced longways, simply use a narrow knife or small spoon to remove the marrow.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week