Pressure Cooker Pork Roast
Even if you don’t own a pressure cooker, you can still enjoy this pork roast by preparing it in the slow cooker. The addition of carrots, onion, and celery make this a complete family dinner, meant for sharing.
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Carrots, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion, chopped
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Celery, stalks, chopped
- 3-4 lb 3-4 lb 3-4 lb Pork Loin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Marjoram
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp ground Nutmeg
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the carrots, onion, and celery in the bottom of a pressure cooker, and add 1 cup of water.
- Rinse the pork roast, and pat dry.
- Rub the pork roast with the onion powder, garlic powder, cinnamon, dried marjoram, salt, pepper, and nutmeg, and place the meat in the pressure cooker.
- Cook the pork roast on high pressure for 45 minutes. Carefully release the pressure, allowing all steam to escape before unlocking the pot lid.
- Alternately, you can slow cook this dish in a crock pot on low for 8-10 hours.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.