Poached Cod, Fennel, & Citrus Salad
A fresh salad of poached cod, raw fennel, and citrus tossed in a light lemon vinaigrette. Paleo and gluten free.
Serves: 2Serves: 2
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Cod, skinless, fresh filets
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Fennel, whole bulb, with stalks
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Orange, or tangerine, blood orange, or tangelo
- 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp 1.5 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for poaching the cod filets.
- Meanwhile, shave the fennel bulb to 1/8" thickness.
- Peel and slice the citrus fruit.
- Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and 1 tbsp. of the fennel leaves. Toss with fennel and citrus.
- Drop the cod filets in the boiling water to poach for 4 minutes.
- Allow the cod to cool a bit, break into pieces, and toss gently in the salad.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
, Coconut Free
, Dairy Free
, Egg Free
, Nightshade Free
, Nut Free
, Shellfish Free
, Specific Carbohydrate Diet
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 13 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 10 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 55 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel