Pesto Chicken Spaghetti Bake
A delicious 1 dish meal that can be made with some high quality cheese-free pesto for delicious, easy results.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Thigh, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, chopped
- 4 - 5 whole 4 - 5 whole 4 - 5 whole white, raw Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Spaghetti Squash, pre-baked
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Basil Pesto (click for recipe)
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Milk
- 3 3 3 Eggs, whisked
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp dried Basil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- First, pre-bake the spaghetti squash as mentioned above. Preheat the oven to 400F. Then, over medium heat in a large cast-iron skillet, start cooking the chicken pieces. Cook, stirring often, until the pieces are browned and mostly cooked through.
- Add in the onion and mushrooms, and continue cooking until the onions are translucent and the mushrooms have shrunk a bit. The chicken should be fully cooked now.
- Turn of the element and stir in the pesto and coconut milk until combined and evenly covering everything. Next, stir in the whipped eggs and salt, and mix thoroughly. Sprinkle with the basil, and place in preheated oven.
- Bake for about 1 hour, until the whole thing has set and the middle is firm when you poke it. Slice and serve with a nice salad on the side.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week