Parsnip-Apple Latkes with Smoked Salmon
ready in:30 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 168
- Total Fat: 12g
- Total Carbohydrate: 12g
- Protein: 5g
An easy breakfast that is sure to impress.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Using the large shredder attachment for your food processor, shred the parsnips and apple.
- Place shredded parsnips and apple in a thin dish towel. Squeeze out all excess liquid.
- Combine parsnip, apple, green onion, eggs, coconut flour, salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb any more liquid.
- Heat flat-bottom skillet with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Form 1/4 cup patties in your palm lightly squeezing out any extra liquid. Place 3-4 patties in the pan, but don't overcrowd.
- Cook for 2 minutes then lightly press down patty with flat spatula.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Flip and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Top latkes with 1 oz smoked salmon and a small dollop of horseradish and a sprinkle of green onion.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.