Parsnip-Apple Latkes with Smoked Salmon
An easy breakfast that is sure to impress.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Using the large shredder attachment for your food processor, shred the parsnips and apple.
- Place shredded parsnips and apple in a thin dish towel. Squeeze out all excess liquid.
- Combine parsnip, apple, green onion, eggs, coconut flour, salt and pepper. Let sit for 5 minutes for the coconut flour to absorb any more liquid.
- Heat flat-bottom skillet with 1 tablespoon coconut oil.
- Form 1/4 cup patties in your palm lightly squeezing out any extra liquid. Place 3-4 patties in the pan, but don't overcrowd.
- Cook for 2 minutes then lightly press down patty with flat spatula.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes until brown and crispy.
- Flip and cook for another 7-8 minutes.
- Top latkes with 1 oz smoked salmon and a small dollop of horseradish and a sprinkle of green onion.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
4 made this
Ready in 24 hours
10 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel