Pananag Duck Curry with Homemade Curry Paste
- 3-7 3-7 3-7 Dried Chiles, (for curry paste)
- 3 3 3 Shallot, roughly chopped (for curry paste)
- 4 clove 4 clove 4 clove Garlic, (for curry paste)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, sliced (for curry paste)
- 1 1 1 Lemon grass (citronella), one stalk, chopped, (for curry paste)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cumin, seeds, (for curry paste)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp ground Coriander, seeds, (for curry paste)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lime Zest, (for authentic Thai curry use kaffir lime instead), (for curry paste)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, (for curry paste)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Anchovy Paste, (for curry paste)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp White Peppercorns, (for curry paste)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup whole roasted with skin Duck, shredded, pre-cooked (for curry)
- 13.5 oz 13.5 oz 13.5 oz Coconut Milk, full fat (for curry)
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, or lard (for curry)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Onion, diced (for curry)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Carrots, sliced (for curry)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce, We recommend Red Boat (for curry)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Thai Basil, (for curry)
- Lime, leaves, kaffir, optional (for curry)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a blender or food processor, combine all the curry paste ingredient and blend until smooth.
- In a large skillet, melt lard over medium heat.
- Add carrots and onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add curry paste and coconut milk (we actually made our own, following the Paleo Mom’s recipe) and simmer for ten minutes.
- Add fish sauce and Thai basil and stir until basil leaves wilt – remove from heat and serve over cauliflower rice (recipe is in Eat Like a Dinosaur)
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.