ready in:1 hour and 20 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 8
- Calories: 305
- Total Fat: 28g
- Total Carbohydrate: 9g
- Protein: 5g
The awesome thing about this is that you could swap out the vegetables with whatever you have on hand, and even add sausage or bacon crumbles. Although I would recommend using broccoli so that you can sing the Choppin' Broccoli song by Dana Carvey while you prep.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Almond Meal/Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Unsalted Butter, melted
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Sea Salt
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Egg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Broccoli, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cherry Tomato, quartered
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Hain brand Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, or to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix crust ingredients together in a medium bowl. Press into the sides and bottom of a 9" pie pan.
- Bake crust for 10-15 minutes, or until golden, remove from oven, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. Saute onion and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add broccoli and saute until crisp tender. Add tomatoes and spinach and saute until spinach is wilted. Let cool completely.
- Whisk eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Add cooled vegetables and whisk thoroughly.
- Whisk in coconut milk, baking powder, Herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper.
- Once mixture is completely combined, pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, or until middle is no longer wobbly.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.