The awesome thing about this is that you could swap out the vegetables with whatever you have on hand, and even add sausage or bacon crumbles. Although I would recommend using broccoli so that you can sing the Choppin' Broccoli song by Dana Carvey while you prep.
Serves: 8Serves: 8
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix crust ingredients together in a medium bowl. Press into the sides and bottom of a 9" pie pan.
- Bake crust for 10-15 minutes, or until golden, remove from oven, and set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet. Saute onion and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add broccoli and saute until crisp tender. Add tomatoes and spinach and saute until spinach is wilted. Let cool completely.
- Whisk eggs thoroughly in a large bowl.
- Add cooled vegetables and whisk thoroughly.
- Whisk in coconut milk, baking powder, Herbs de Provence, and salt and pepper.
- Once mixture is completely combined, pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, or until middle is no longer wobbly.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
5 made this
Ready in 24 hours
1 made this
Ready in 23 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel