Pad Thai with Chicken
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 422
- Total Fat: 36g
- Total Carbohydrate: 23g
- Protein: 6g
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 2 2 2 Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed
- 4 4 4 Yellow Squash, Julienned with julienne peeler
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Almond Butter, (We used Meenut Butter)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 1 1 Lime, 1/2 for juice, remaining half cut into wedges for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup raw Macadamia Nuts, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 1/8 cup 1/8 cup 1/8 cup Cilantro, for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, (optional)
- Peel yellow squash using a julienne peeler or spiral slicer.
- Place julienned squash into a steamer basket, and steam for approximately 5-8 minutes. Remove the "noodles" before they get too soft.
- Heat a wok to high heat. While the wok is heating, cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized cubes.
- Mix Almond Butter (ideally, Meenut Butter) with coconut aminos, fish sauce, juice of 1/2 lime, and salt.
- When wok is very hot, add sesame oil. Add cubed chicken and stir fry chicken until cooked (should be opaque and white.
- Add in minced shallot, minced garlic, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add chopped macadamia nuts and continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce mixture, toss until evenly coated.
- Reduce heat, and gently toss with yellow squash noodles.
- Serve Pad Thai garnished with cilantro, chopped macadamia nuts, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Be sure not to over-steam the yellow squash noodles for this recipe. They will be later added to a hot wok and continue to cook a little.