Pad Thai with Chicken
ready in:30 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 422
- Total Fat: 36g
- Total Carbohydrate: 23g
- Protein: 6g
Paleo Pad Thai isn't all that far off from the "real thing". In our version, you'll julienne yellow squash and use it as the noodles.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 2 2 2 Skinless Chicken Breast, cubed
- 4 4 4 Yellow Squash, Julienned with julienne peeler
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Almond Butter, (We used Meenut Butter)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 sprig 1 sprig 1 sprig Shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 1 1 Lime, 1/2 for juice, remaining half cut into wedges for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt, to taste
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup raw Macadamia Nuts, chopped, reserve some for garnish
- 1/8 cup 1/8 cup 1/8 cup Cilantro, for garnish
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Peel yellow squash using a julienne peeler or spiral slicer.
- Place julienned squash into a steamer basket, and steam for approximately 5-8 minutes. Remove the "noodles" before they get too soft.
- Heat a wok to high heat. While the wok is heating, cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized cubes.
- Mix Almond Butter (ideally, Meenut Butter) with coconut aminos, fish sauce, juice of 1/2 lime, and salt.
- When wok is very hot, add sesame oil. Add cubed chicken and stir fry chicken until cooked (should be opaque and white.
- Add in minced shallot, minced garlic, and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Continue to stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add chopped macadamia nuts and continue to stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the sauce mixture, toss until evenly coated.
- Reduce heat, and gently toss with yellow squash noodles.
- Serve Pad Thai garnished with cilantro, chopped macadamia nuts, and a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Be sure not to over-steam the yellow squash noodles for this recipe. They will be later added to a hot wok and continue to cook a little.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.