Paleo Chai Spiced Ice Cream
Chai Ice Cream gives you the best of both worlds by combining the flavor of chai tea and the goodness of coconut milk ice cream for the perfect treat!
- 13.5 oz 13.5 oz 13.5 oz Coconut Milk, canned
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Almond Milk, unsweetened
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Black Tea, bags
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- .75 tsp .75 tsp .75 tsp ground Ginger
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Cloves
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Cardamom Seed, ground
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp ground Allspice
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Water, boiling
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Beef, Great Lakes brand Unflavored Gelatin
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place ice cream maker bowl in the freezer 1 day in advance.
- In a large pot, heat all ingredients except boiling water and gelatin over medium heat until boiling.
- Once boiling reduce to a simmer and let simmer for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Place in refrigerator overnight.
- When ready to make, boil 1/4 cup water and slowly add gelatin.
- Add this to the ice cream mix, stirring to combine.
- Remove ice cream bowl from freezer, add ice cream mix with gelatin.
- Turn on and run for 20-25 minutes or until ice cream has formed.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.