Orange Honey BBQ Pork
I like pig butts and I cannot lie. TRUTH: this recipe is bombtastic.
- 3 lb 3 lb 3 lb Pork Shoulder, or butt! :)
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Cayenne Pepper, divided (1 tsp for rub, 2 tsp for sauce)
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Smoked Paprika, divided (1 tsp for rub, 2 tsp for sauce)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder, for rub
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper, for rub
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Sea Salt, for sauce
- .75 cup .75 cup .75 cup Orange Juice, for sauce
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Raw Honey, for sauce
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Spicy Brown Mustard, for sauce
- 12 oz 12 oz 12 oz Tomato Paste, for sauce
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Apple Cider Vinegar, for sauce
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, crushed to a paste, for sauce
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Black Pepper, for sauce
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the pork butt in a slow cooker for 8-12 hours on low. Add liquid smoke (optional)
- Blend all BBQ sauce ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook on medium low for at least 30 minutes.
- Once the pork is cooked pull apart the meat with forks and/or your hands.
- Add 1 cup of BBQ sauce and combine.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.