Torn between Mexican and Italian food? This is a crockpot recipe that is a grain free Mexican twist on spaghetti and meat sauce! A comfort meal for those cool fall nights.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef, (or ground pork, or mixture of both)
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Granulated Garlic
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp dried Oregano
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp dried Thyme
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Allspice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), (or cooking fat of choice)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Onion
- 3 pieces 3 pieces 3 pieces Garlic, minced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Jalapeño, diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Sweet Potato, Large, chopped
- 15 oz 15 oz 15 oz Tomato Sauce
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Black Olives, sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt and Pepper
- 1 bunch 1 bunch 1 bunch Romaine Lettuce
- 2 - 3 whole 2 - 3 whole 2 - 3 whole Yellow Squash, Spiralized into thin noodles, raw
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine beef through allspice of ingredients and let marinade over night. Optional if pressed on time.
- On cooking day, add ghee to large pan over medium heat and saute onion, garlic and jalapeno until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add meat mixture and cook until beef is browned. About 8 minutes.
- Add beef and veggies to crockpot and combine with the rest of the ingredients (besides lettuce and squash)
- Cook on high about 2 hours, or low 4-5 hours, until sweet potatoes are soft.
- When done, lay down a bed of romaine, top with squash noodles then meat sauce and garnish with cilantro and avocado.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.