Meatballs with Artichoke Hearts
Artichokes may just be one of our favorite vegetables, and we love the combination of artichokes, garlic, and fresh basil in this “spaghetti and meatballs” dish.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the ends off of the squash, and slice it in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds from the squash, place it on a rimmed baking sheet, and bake for 35 minutes or until squash is tender and the “noodles” shred easily with a fork.
- Place the halves ina baking dish, and bake for 45 minutes until fork tender.
- Mix teh ground pork with the Sausage Seasoning.
- Roll the pork into 1-2 oz meatballs, and place them in a separate baking dish.
- Bake the meatballs at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a heavy skillet over medium heat.
- Saute the artichoke hearts, mushrooms, and garlic with the salt and pepper until soft.
- Add the basil, and continue to saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the spaghetti squash from the oven, and shred it with a fork. You can add additional butter and seasonings to the spaghetti squash if desired.
- Toss the vegetables with the meatballs, and serve over the spaghetti squash.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.