Mango, Passionfruit and Chia Jam Filled Banana Muffins
All natural, secretly healthy, low carb, grain free and paleo friendly banana muffins with a sweet, explosive, tropical inspired, jammy little surprise inside.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Dates (Medjool)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, warm
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Sea Salt
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Strawberry Preserves (click for recipe), or favorite jam (I used Mango Passionfruit Jam)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Pre-heat your oven to 150C (300F) and either line a mini muffin tray with paper cases or grease and flour old skool style then set aside.
- Place all ingredients except that glorious jam into your food processor or blender and process until well combined.
- Spoon half a teaspoon of batter into your prepared muffin tray.
- Carefully spoon 1/2 a teaspoon of jam into the middle of each muffin, then add another 1/2 teaspoon of muffin batter and smooth to cover that delicious dollop of jam.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until slightly golden, tops spring back when gently pressed and a toothpick has just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the centre.
- Allow to cool in the tray for 5-10 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- FYI - leftovers can be stored in the freezer
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.