This is a recipe I originally came up with back in 2011, and since those were my pre-paleo days, it included black beans. I paleo-fied it last year but recently revamped it again to include bone broth; I'm always looking for ways to increase our broth consumption! Mango might sound like a funny addition to chili, but it's really amazing. I like to use my slow cooker for this recipe, as the mango almost melts away into the background and adds just a subtle sweetness that's complimented nicely by the hint of cinnamon.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Beef, or ground meat of choice
- 1 1 1 Mango, peeled and diced
- 1 1 1 Onion, small, diced
- 1 1 1 Bell Pepper, large, diced
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, minced
- 14.5 oz 14.5 oz 14.5 oz Diced Tomatoes, canned, or 18 oz jar
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Tomato Paste, canned, or 7 oz jar
- 16 fl oz 16 fl oz 16 fl oz Beef Broth
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Brown ground meat in a large skillet.
- Add browned meat and all remaining ingredients to slow cooker and stir well.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours (longer may be fine, just watch it since tomato-based sauces can start to burn if your slow cooker runs hot on low).
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
6 made this
Ready in 45 minutes to 55 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 15 minutes, plus 1 hour
6 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 20 minutes to 4 hours and 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel