Lamb Meatballs with Mint Pesto
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 418
- Total Fat: 36g
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Protein: 21g
Mint makes a perfect complement for the savory flavors of lamb in any dish. This “pasta” recipe celebrates this classic pairing by emphasizing the flavor of mint in the pesto.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Pastured Eggs, whisked
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Lamb
- 4 4 4 Zucchini
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Mint Pesto
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine ground lamb and spices in a mixing bowl.
- Add in egg, and stir until evenly distributed.
- Form mixture into golf-ball-sized pieces.
- Place on a parchment-lined metal baking sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
- Cut zucchini into “noodles” with a mandoline.
- Sauté zucchini in a skillet with 1 tablespoon coconut oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Sauté until zucchini is soft and noodle-like.
- Toss noodles with mint pesto, then top with lamb meatballs and serve.
Be aware when cooking the zucchini “noodles” that they will become soft and slightly mushy if overcooked. For a more “al dente” bite, lightly sauté the zucchini for 2–4 minutes until they have just slightly softened.