Jamaican Jerk Salmon
prep:2 hours to 4 hours
ready in:2 hours to 4 hours
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 642
- Total Fat: 44g
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- Protein: 53g
Classic Jamaican jerk spices bring new and exciting flavors to this salmon dish. Jamaican jerk seasoning often uses brown sugar to add sweet flavor to offset the spicy kick that it gives. To make this paleo, we omitted the sugar and just let the spices enhance this meal on their own.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Wild Caught Salmon Filet, cut into 4–6 oz portions
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Ginger
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp dried Thyme
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 oz 1 1/2 oz 1 1/2 oz Lime Juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Allspice
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse salmon under water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Cut salmon into 4–6 oz portions, and place in a 1-gallon ziplock bag.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together spices, olive oil, and lime juice.
- Pour marinade over salmon, seal bag, and make sure the salmon is evenly coated in the marinade.
- Marinate salmon for 2–4 hours prior to grilling.
- Preheat grill to 400°F.
- Place salmon on a fish plate, skin side down first, and grill for 4 minutes a side, flipping once.
- Serve over a bed of greens.
This Jamaican jerk seasoning would be fantastic over chicken and shrimp as well as the salmon.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.