Instant Pot Creamy Artichoke Chicken Stew
- .5 head .5 head .5 head Vidalia Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), for AIP, use lard instead
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Coconut Milk, or other nut milk
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Baby Bella Mushrooms, quartered
- 13 oz 13 oz 13 oz Artichoke Hearts, canned, drained, quartered
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Breasts, cooked, roughly shredded
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Parsley, dried
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp dried Thyme
- 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp 0.125 tsp Mace
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, or to taste
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper, omit for AIP
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Flat Leaf Parsley, fresh, to garnish, optional
- Instant Pot
- Press the SAUTÉ function on the Instant Pot.
- Add in the onion and ghee - or lard.
- Use a splatter screen and saute the onions until the begin to brown and are softened, about 6 minutes.
- Press the OFF / CANCEL button.
- Add in all remaining ingredients in except spinach. Stir.
- Twist the cover onto the Instant Pot, ensuring vent is closed.
- Press the MANUAL button, adjust PRESSURE to LOW, and adjust time to 5 minutes.
- Allow cycle to run, and when the unit beeps, hit the OFF / CANCEL button.
- Carefully depressurize by venting.
- Remove the lid, and stir in spinach.
- Taste, and adjust seasonings if necessary.
To make on the stove top, saute onions in fat in a large dutch oven, and when soft, add all remaining ingredients and cover. Bring to the boil, then remove lid and reduce heat to medium. Simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly reduced, thickened and everything is tender. Goes deliciously with my Flaky Flat Cassava Bread!