Healthy, Homemade Asian Style BBQ Sauce
All natural, quick & easy, thick, rich, smoky, sweet, hearty, healthy Asian style BBQ sauce.
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Tamari Sauce
- 2 clove 2 clove 2 clove Garlic, crushed
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Cinnamon
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch ground Cloves
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, More or less to taste
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, More or less to taste
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place all ingredients into a small saucepan and stir until well combined.
- Place over medium-high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until your sauce has reduced and thickened to your desired consistency. FYI: for me it only took around 5-10 mins.
- Once cool, transfer to a sealed airtight container and store in the fridge. It should keep well, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.
- Use as you would your fave BBQ sauce
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.