Grain Free Garlic Herb Flatbread
Crispy, grain-free, paleo flatbread. The better news, it actually tastes like bread! Wha-wha-what? Oh yes, like straight up, I need this in my life, comfort food, bread. Need I tell you how simple it is to make? Your heart may actually skip a beat on this one. Use it to dip into soups, make a panini, a pizza or just eat it buttered with herbs. This is a game changer. It is so easy, I am worried you will be tempted to make it too often. Remember, this is still not intended to take the place of vegetables, but it could be used as a great additional to them! This recipe does use tapioca to create a better bread-like product but is pretty much pure starch with little or no other micronutrients and redeeming qualities. It would not be the best idea for someone who is seeking weight-loss or in need of extreme gut healing. This recipe is not intended for daily consumption but a great addition on an occasion or two or when that craving strikes. Although it is WAY better than your typical store-bought crust.
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tapioca Starch
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Coconut Flour
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Flax Seed Meal
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Oregano
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp dried Basil
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Water, warmed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Pastured Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Thyme
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pizza stone in the oven while it preheats.
- Meanwhile, mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add warm water, olive oil and slightly whisked eggs.
- Mix thoroughly, adding additional coconut flour as needed. It should end up being a very sticky dough that can be flattened with a spatula.
- Let sit a few minutes to let coconut flour absorb water.
- Pour onto parchment paper and spread with spatula to 1/4 inch thick.
- Carefully* place parchment paper on pizza stone and bake 8-12 minutes or until crispy.
- Remove and add optional toppings. I mixed garlic and butter and spread over the top and then added herbs and cheese (optional).
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week