Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place a steamer basket in a heavy sauce pan, and fill the bottom with water.
- Rinse artichokes under cool water, and remove tough outer leaves.
- Carefully trim the stems of the artichokes, being sure not to remove too much of the heart, and slice artichokes in half.
- Steam artichokes for 2-4 minutes, and set aside.
- Heat 2 tsp butter in a nonstick frying pan on medium heat.
- Add garlic to the pan, and saute to infuse the butter with the garlic.
- Place steamed artichokes into the pan, and saute until browned slightly.
- Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of butter into a non stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Crack quail eggs into pan, turn heat down to low heat, sprinkle with truffle salt, and allow to cook for about 5 minutes.
- Plate artichokes and tomato, and top tomato with fried quail eggs.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.