Crispy crust, chewy and light interior, paleo, and nut-free, this loaf is simply amazing!
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Water, warm
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Egg Yolk
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1.333 cup 1.333 cup 1.333 cup Cassava Flour, divided
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Salt
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Coconut Flour, divided
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Egg Whites, beaten until frothy
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a large baking sheet with some olive or coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water, oil, honey or maple syrup, egg yolks, and yeast. Whisk together and set aside
- Crack the egg whites into a metal or glass bowl (not plastic or copper) and whisk until soft peaks form.
- In another smaller bowl, combine 1 cup cassava flour with 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Whisk the cassava flour mixture into the yeast mixture.
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the yeast and cassava flour mixture
- Fold in the coconut flour, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Fold in the remaining 1/3 cup cassava flour.
- Carefully scoop the dough onto the baking sheet. It will be very sticky. Using floured or wet hands, carefully form the dough into a baguette shape. Don't manhandle the dough too much.
- Brush the loaf with the egg wash and make a few slashes in the top with a bread knife.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown. I baked mine for exactly 28 minutes
- Cool, slice and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.