Deliciously Ugly Lemon Berry Muffins
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana, preferably over-ripe
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, Melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, Lukewarm
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon zest
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Blueberries, If using frozen, do not thaw *
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Raspberries, if using frozen, do ot thaw *
- Preheat oven to 175’C (350’F) – Line a muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
- Place eggs, banana, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil and water into your food processor or blender and process until well combined. Note – if using lemon extract in place of lemon zest add that now too
- Add your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and process again until well combine.
- Add your lemon zest and berries then stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin tray and bake for 10-12 minutes. When they are ready the tops will be deliciously golden and should be firm to the touch yet spring back a little when lightly pressed, a tooth pick should come out clean or have just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the center.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely – That is if you can resist inhaling the entire batch as you transfer each delicious little muffin from muffin tray to cooling rack that is. Note – this will be an extremely difficult task. You have been warned.
- FYI – these muffins will keep well in the freezer for up to 3 months
- Enjoy xoxo
* Could sub 1/2 cup of your favorite berries