Curry cauliflower muffins
Kick-start your day or boost your energy throughout the day with these curry cauliflower muffins, a healthy grab-and-go snacks made from healing foods.
- 600 gram 600 gram 600 gram Cauliflower, outer leaves removed, broken into 2 cm florets.
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt
- 1 pieces 1 pieces 1 pieces Red Onion
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp fresh Rosemary, finely chopped
- 7 pieces 7 pieces 7 pieces Egg, large
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Basil, finely chopped
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.3333 tsp 0.3333 tsp 0.3333 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Parmesan Cheese
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat the oven to 200C / 400 F
- In a saucepan, put the cauliflower florets and add 1 tsp of salt
- Cover with water and simmer for 15 minutes or until the florets are soft. Then strain in a colander and set aside to dry.
- Cut thick slices off one end of the onion, break into rings and set aside. Chop the rest of the onions.
- In a small pan with oil and rosemary, cook the chopped onion over a medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until soft.
- Once onion is cooked, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, put the onion and rosemary mixture, eggs and basil and whisk well together.
- Then, add the coconut flour, baking powder, turmeric, parmesan cheese, the remaining teaspoon of salt and season with pepper.
- Whisk again and then, add the cauliflower and stir gently trying not to break up the florets.
- Line a 6 hole jumbo muffin pan with paper cases.
- Pour in the cauliflower mix and top with one or two rings of onion.
- Put in the centre of the oven and bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Serve just warm or at room temperature.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.