Crispy Truffle Chicken with Herbs
cook:25 minutes per pound
If you’ve never used truffle salt in your cooking, it really adds a whole new dimension of flavor to dishes. We combined it with our classic poultry blend spice to season this whole-roasted chicken.
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Rinse the chicken under cool water, including the body cavity. Pat dry thoroughly, including the body cavity.
- Mix the duck fat with the Poultry Blend Spices.
- Massage the duck fat and spices over the entire chicken, including the body cavity.
- Sprinkle with truffle salt and black pepper.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan, and roast for 25 minutes per pound or until it reaches 165 degrees in the breast.
- Baste the chicken with pan drippings at least once, about 30 minutes before it finishes cooking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.