Coconut Rice and Pomegranate Porridge
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Jasmine Rice, (equals about 3 cups cooked)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Milk, or cream
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup, or honey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon, to taste
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Pecans, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Pomegranate, Seeds
- First rinse your rice. I usually let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to instructions. Adding in 1 tbsp coconut oil and dash of salt while it cooks.
- Once the rice is cooked, transfer to a bowl. Mix in half your pomegranate seeds, cinnamon, coconut cream, and maple syrup. You can either eat right away or let it cool in fridge.
- Once you are ready to eat, top with the other 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds and nuts. Add more coconut milk and cinnamon if you want a thinner porridge.
- Spoon into bowls when ready to eat.
- Feel free to add in more nuts too! Makes about 3 servings all around 3/4 cup. Or 2 large servings.
If you want to make this for a hot breakfast, simply heat the bowl or coconut milk before pouring onto hot rice.