- Serves: 12
- Calories: 320
- Total Fat: 25g
- Total Carbohydrate: 22g
- Protein: 5g
Everyone received a different type of birthday cake this year. For my father’s birthday, we thought we would surprise him with his favorite—coconut cake! Our coconut cake is light and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Grade B Maple Syrup
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup shredded Coconut
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 10 10 10 Pastured Eggs
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- Coconut Cream Cheese Fosting
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, add sifted coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a large bowl or kitchen mixer, combine eggs, vanilla, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and continue blend.
- Once batter is blended and smooth, stir in shredded coconut.
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Test center of cake with a toothpick.
- If the toothpick comes out clean, then the cakes are done.
- Remove cakes from oven and cool.
- Slice each cake in half to create 4 layers of cake.
- Frost with coconut frosting in between each layer of cake.
For easy removal, line the bottom of the cake pans with parchment paper.