- Serves: 6–8
- Calories: 2684
- Total Fat: 236g
- Total Carbohydrate: 572g
- Protein: 133g
Stuffed miniature bell peppers make the perfect party appetizer. They are bright and colorful, and easy for people to eat while standing. These poppers are just bursting with flavor, and are always a hit, even with the non-paleo crowd.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tomato, diced
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Bell Pepper, tops removed, and seeded
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 4 cloves 4 cloves 4 cloves Garlic, minced
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, season ground turkey with garlic powder, chili powder, paprika, oregano, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, black pepper, and apple cider vinegar.
- Combine turkey with chorizo spices until the spices are evenly distributed throughout the ground turkey.
- Cover mixing bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Rinse mini bell peppers under cool water.
- Remove tops of peppers, as well as the seeds and membrane from the inside of the peppers, set aside peppers.
- Remove seasoned ground turkey from refrigerator and brown in a skillet over medium heat.
- Remove ground turkey from heat, and stir in chopped tomato, onion, and minced cilantro.
- Stuff mini bell peppers with chorizo turkey mixture, and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake peppers for 20–25 minutes at 400°F, or until edges are golden and peppers are somewhat soft.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve.