Butterflied Roast Chicken
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse chicken under cool water and pat dry.
- Place chicken on a cutting board breast side down, and remove the back bone with kitchen scissors or a sharp knife.
- Freeze back bone for future stock if desired.
- Turn chicken over and press down on chicken until you hear bones crack slightly so that the chicken lays flat.
- Melt 2 tablespoons duck fat and stir in minced garlic and thyme.
- Sprinkle in salt and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Carefully lift the skin of the chicken to create a space to stuff the duck fat and herbs.
- Rub duck fat mixture all over the chicken under the skin being sure tocover as much of the breasts and legs as possible.
- Flip chicken over and rub duck fat over the bone side, and then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Flipping the chicken back over, rub the breast side entirely with duck fat, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet, breast side up, and bake at 500 for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, turn heat down to 450 and bake for a remaining 20-30 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
5 made this
Ready in 2 hours
3 made this
Ready in 50 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 20 minutes, plus 25 minutes per pound
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel