Brussels Sprout Salad
This hearty winter salad is made of shaved brussels sprouts, slightly cooked, and tossed in a tangy lemon-mint-tahini dressing and slivered almonds.
- 1.5 lb 1.5 lb 1.5 lb Brussels Sprouts, shaved or thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Lemon, juiced
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Mint Leaves, chopped
- .25 tsp .25 tsp .25 tsp Salt
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp black and white Peppercorns, ground
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Almonds, slivered
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Thinly slice or shave the brussels sprouts, sorting out any pieces of core.
- In a large pan, bring a small amount of olive oil to low heat and gently cook the shaved sprouts, tossing regularly. This should only take a minute, enough to brighten the green of the leaves.
- In a blender, combine the olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and half the mint for the dressing.
- Toss the cooled brussels sprouts with the dressing, remaining mint, and slivered almonds.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.