Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Heat a cast iron braising dish over medium heat on the stove top.
- Add chopped bacon to the braising dish and cook until crispy.
- Remove bacon from the dish, and set aside in a bowl.
- Add chopped onion to the braising dish and saute in the bacon grease until slightly translucent.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of rendered bacon grease (or coconut oil if you do not have extra bacon grease on hand) overmedium-high heat.
- Sprinkle oxtails generously with smoked paprika, salt, and pepper on all sides.
- Place oxtail in the cast iron skillet, and cook until browned on all sides (time will vary).
- Once browned on all sides, place oxtail over top the sauteed onions in the braising dish.
- Pour any remaining juices from the cast iron skillet over the oxtails and onion.
- Pour the can of fire roasted tomatoes over the oxtail and onion.
- Top with the chopped bacon, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover dish with a lid, and place in the oven for 2 - 2.5 hours
- Remove from oven, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week