Serves: 8Serves: 8
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Bacon, two strips, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Onion, finely diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Celery, finely diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Raw Carrot, finely diced
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Chicken Livers, ground or minced
- 1 1/2 lb 1 1/2 lb 1 1/2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cabernet Sauvignon Red wine
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 29 oz 29 oz 29 oz Diced Tomatoes, two cans
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Oregano, chopped
- 4 oz 4 oz 4 oz Organic Heavy Whipping Cream, Use coconut milk for dairy free alternative
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat a large stock pot over medium heat, and add the chopped bacon to the pot.
- Saute the bacon until the fat renders and the bacon starts to brown.
- Add the diced onion, and continue to saute for 1 minute.
- Add the celery and onion, and continue to saute until the onion is translucent.
- Add the minced livers to the pot, followed by the ground beef and saute until brown.
- Pour the red wine over the meat and veggie mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add the tomato paste, and diced tomatoes, and continue to stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Season with salt, pepper, fresh basil, and fresh oregano, and then add the heavy cream to the pot.
- Bring sauce to boil for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve with Cappello's grain free pasta or squash noodles.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 10 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 15 minutes
5 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel