Blueberry Thumbprint Cookies
These grain free Blueberry Thumbprint Cookies were so good, I almost couldn't keep the little hands in our house away long enough to get a photo!
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blueberries
- .4 cup .4 cup .4 cup Pure Maple Syrup, 1/3 cup for cookie + 1 TBSP for filling
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Water
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Lemon Juice
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1.125 cup 1.125 cup 1.125 cup Arrowroot Powder, 1 cup for cookie + 2 TBSP for filling
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Organic Coconut Oil
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- In a medium sized sauce pan, add the blueberries, syrup, water, lemon juice, nutmeg and cinnamon. Heat over medium heat.
- Bring filling to a boil, while stirring. Continue to stir frequently, while "mashing" the filling with a wooded spoon.
- Once the liquid has reduced, turn heat down and add arrowroot powder. Stir continuously until thickned. Remove from heat and set aside for filling the cookies. Can add additional 1/2 cup blueberries if desired.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almond flour, arrowroot, and salt.
- Add in the vanilla extract, maple syrup, and melted coconut oil. Stir until all ingredients are combined and you have a ball of cookie dough. **You can use your hands for this as well. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Take a small ball of dough and roll until about the size of a ping-pong ball.
- Place on cookie sheet and press thumb into center making a well.
- Add about a teaspoon (give or take) of filling to the center of the cookies.
- Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Place in the oven and bake cookies for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
- **Any remaining filling can be refrigerated or frozen and saved for future use.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.