ready in:3 hours and 20 minutes
Tagines are earthen-made cookware used in the cuisines of Northern Africa, Morocco, and Cypress. The special, conical lid to the vessel helps to return steam condensation back into the dish - keeping meat juicy and infusing extra flavor. This exotic method of slow cooking brings panache to your crock pot recipes!
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 5 5 5 Raw Carrot, choppe
- 5 5 5 Celery, stalks, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup White Mushrooms
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Beef Chuck Shoulder Roast
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Tomato, strained
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 1 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Paprika
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Warm the coconut oil over medium heat in a tagine or medium soup pot.
- Sauté the carrots, celery, onion, and white mushrooms over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef stew meat to the tagine.
- Pour the strained tomatoes over everything. Season with salt and pepper, and add the bay leaf.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the spices to the dish, stir to mix, and continue to cook covered for an additional 2-3 hours.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.