Tagines are earthen-made cookware used in the cuisines of Northern Africa, Morocco, and Cypress. The special, conical lid to the vessel helps to return steam condensation back into the dish - keeping meat juicy and infusing extra flavor. This exotic method of slow cooking brings panache to your crock pot recipes!
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Warm the coconut oil over medium heat in a tagine or medium soup pot.
- Sauté the carrots, celery, onion, and white mushrooms over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the beef stew meat to the tagine.
- Pour the strained tomatoes over everything. Season with salt and pepper, and add the bay leaf.
- Turn the heat down to low, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the spices to the dish, stir to mix, and continue to cook covered for an additional 2-3 hours.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 15 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 11 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel