Yield: 2-3 lbsYield: 2-3 lbs
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Partially freeze meat for 2-4 hours, until mostly solid.
- Slice meat into 1/10th inch thickness strips.
- Mix the coconut aminos with minced garlic in a bowl.
- Toss sliced beef with the coconut aminos and minced garlic.
- Marinate jerky from 2-24 hours in refrigerator.
- If using alternate spices, evenly coat beef with spices and allow to ‘rest’ in the refrigerator up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 170 degrees.
- If using an oven in place of a dehydrator, set up racks over cookie sheets lined with aluminum foil (for easier cleanup).
- Lay strips of beef out on racks, add salt and pepper if desired, and place racks in oven.
- Cook at 170 for 3-4 hours.
- Thinly sliced meat will take less time, thicker meat will take longer. Closely monitor meat to ensure it doesn’t dry out too much.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 8 hours to 12 hours
1 made this
Ready in 5 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel