BBLT / Bison, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 265
- Total Fat: 7g
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Protein: 51g
The familiar flavors of the venerable BLT bring this bison burger to life. This twist on an American classic is best enjoyed outdoors on a warm summer evening paired with our Cajun sweet potato fries.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 1 1 Beefsteak Tomato, sliced
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 8 pieces 8 pieces 8 pieces Bacon, (2 per burger)
- 4 pieces 4 pieces 4 pieces Butter Lettuce, (1 per burger)
- Cook bacon until crispy in a skillet on medium heat, flipping as needed.
- Remove from heat, and place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Form ground meat into 4 equal-sized burger patties.
- Grill burgers 4–5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Carefully place tomato slices on the grill.
- Grill tomato slices 3 minutes per side.
- Remove tomatoes from grill.
- Top the burgers with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and serve.
- Serve with Cajun Sweet Potato Fries.
Tomatoes have a wonderful flavor when grilled, but they get very soft and can be hard to handle. We recommend grilling them on a grill plate or foil so that they do not fall apart when removing them from the grill.