- Serving Size: 1 large loaf or 2 mini loafs
- Calories: 2199
- Total Fat: 221g
- Total Carbohydrate: 72g
- Protein: 2g
The inspiration for our grain-free banana bread came from my best friend’s mom, Barbara. Barbara always makes the best chocolate chip banana bread, and I knew we had to come up with a recipe to enjoy it in a way that was in line with our eating. Barbara, this one is for you!
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend eggs, vanilla, and banana with a hand mixer.
- Mix the dates and maple syrup according to the date mixture recipe , and blend into the wet mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and continue to blend.
- Melt coconut oil, add to batter and blend.
- Lightly grease loaf pans, and add batter, allowing some room for the bread to rise.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and serve.
For variations, feel free to add raisins, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips to the batter before baking.