Bacon Sausage and Zucchini Casserole
A perfect dish for a brunch or something you can make on the weekend to have leftovers in the fridge for breakfast during the week. This bacon, sausage and zucchini casserole is the gift that keeps on giving.
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage, Or regular breakfast sausage
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Zucchini, shredded
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Crimini Mushrooms, chopped
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Garlic, Cloves, minced
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Rosemary, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Start by dicing the bacon and dumping it onto the skillet to cook. Add the sausage and cook both until browned.
- While the meat is cooking, shred the zucchini and chop up the onion, garlic basil & rosemary. Once the sausage is browned and the bacon is just starting to get crispy, remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate for later.
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees.
- In the same pan, saute your onions and garlic until your onions start to get soft and caramelize. Add in the mushrooms, basil and rosemary and saute for a few minutes, until the mushrooms are soft. Remove from heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the eggs, cooked meat, cooked veggies and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish using oil of your choice. Pour the egg mixture into the baking dish and place it in the preheated oven. Cook for 30 minutes and let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your breakfast and any leftovers.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.