Bacon and Broccoli Breakfast Pie
A simple and filling egg-free breakfast!
Serves: 6Serves: 6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Slice the bacon into 1/2-inch pieces and place them in a large pan over medium heat.Cook until the fat renders off, about 8-10 minutes.
- While the bacon cooks, chop the head of cauliflower and steam until soft by setting up a steamer basket over boiling water (or use a steamer).
- Remove the bacon from the pan and place on the side. Do not remove the grease from the pan.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan and cook until the onion is translucent, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the green pepper, mushrooms and broccoli and cook another 5 minutes.
- Place the ground beef in the pan and cook until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- While the beef cooks, puree the steamed cauliflower in a high speed blender or food processor. Add coconut oil or butter as needed.
- Remove from heat, season the meat and veggies and add the bacon back to the mixture.
- Spread the pie filling in a large round casserole dish, a deep pie dish or a 9x13 glass baking dish. Evenly spread the pureed cauliflower over the top and bake for 20 minutes.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
6 made this
Ready in 45 minutes
6 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
4 made this
Ready in 14 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel