Asian Steak Salad
When it comes to steak, I usually just want a good grilled rib eye with just a pinch of salt on it. Not so with this tasty steak salad. The marinade for the steak imparts incredible flavor, so to me, the salad is simply a bonus on top of an amazing steak dish.
- 1 clove 1 clove 1 clove Garlic, minced
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- 1 oz 1 oz 1 oz Carrots, shredded
- 1 oz 1 oz 1 oz Radish, sliced thin
- 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup 1 1/2 cup Cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Green Onion, chopped
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Navel Orange, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 1/4 1/4 Red Bell Pepper, sliced thin
- 1/8 cup 1/8 cup 1/8 cup Slivered Almonds
- 10 oz 10 oz 10 oz Sirloin Steak
- 8 8 8 Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Ginger Dressing (click for recipe)
- Whisk together marinade ingredients (garlic, ginger root, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, coconut aminos, and fish sauce) and pour over steak.
- Allow steak to marinate 3 hours before cooking.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Grill sirloin steak on high heat for approximately 4 minutes per side, flipping once.
- While letting the steak rest, rinse and chop all vegetables, as well as the orange.
- Toss cabbage, bell pepper, radish, tomato and orange in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Slice the steak thinly (1/8-inch strips).
- Plate salad, and top with strips of the sirloin.
- Add slivered almonds and green onion as garnish.
- Drizzle with sesame ginger dressing and serve.