Whole30 Slow Cooker (or Instant Pot) Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Carrots, sliced
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 3 tsp 3 tsp 3 tsp Garlic, minced
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Tomato Paste
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Bone Broth (click for recipe)
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole boneless skinless Chicken Thigh
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Primal Palate Super Gyro Seasoning
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- Add the onions, mushrooms, carrots (and any other vegetables you want to add) ghee and seasonings in the slow cooker and mix everything well.
- Add the tomato sauce and tomato paste and mix to combine with the vegetables.
- Next, add the chicken thighs to the slow cooker and spoon the tomato and vegetable mixture on top of them (option to add more seasonings at this time).
- Cover the slow cooker and set it to 'Low' for 4.5 hours.
- Once it's done, open the lid and spoon into a big bowl or on top of mashed potatoes, spaghetti squash or a salad.
You can also make this dish in the Instant Pot if you are short on time and want it ready in 45 minutes instead of 4.5 hours. Press the ‘Saute’ button and add the ghee. Once it’s hot add all of the veggies and saute for 5 minutes until the onions are soft. Then add the tomato sauce and chicken thighs and cover the Instant Pot. Press Manual and set the time to 25 minutes so the chicken cooks on high pressure. Once it’s done cooking, let it naturally release for about 10 minutes before hitting “Keep Warm/Cancel” and opening the cover.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week