Spicy Tuna Tahini Lime Salad Lettuce Cups
5 minutes - 10 ingredients with so much flavor it'll blow your mind!
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Canned Tuna, 1 large or 2 smaller cans, drained.
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Grape Tomatoes, sliced
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Carrots, grated
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Red Cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Tahini, For the dressing -
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder, For the dressing -
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lime Juice
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes, more or less to taste. For the dressing -
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt, more or less to taste. For the dressing -
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Black Pepper, more or less to taste. For the dressing -
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Butter Lettuce, leaves, washed and dried
- 0.25 whole 0.25 whole 0.25 whole Avocado, Optional for Serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Cilantro, Optional for serving
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Asian-style) Red Chili (Fresh, Finely sliced, optional for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place all of the dressing ingredients into a small bowl or glass jar and stir to combine.
- The dressing is quite thick so feel free to add a splash of water (about 1/2 tsp at a time) to reach desired consistency. I usually take 1 Tablespoon of the dressing and stir it into the tuna salad mix before thinning it out. 1 – this helps the salad mix hold together nicely in my lettuce cup and 2 – no one likes a watery tuna salad!!) then I thin it out to drizzle over the top.
- FYI – you will have a little extra dressing, especially if you don’t do the extra drizzle when serving (but please do the drizzle!).
- Place your tuna along with 3/4 of your carrot, cabbage and tomatoes into a small and stir to combine.
- Add about a Tablespoon of your tahini and lime dressing into your tuna salad mix and stir to combine.
- To serve – Place a few slices of avocado into your prepared lettuce cups, top with your super tasty tuna salad, add the rest of your carrot, cabbage and tomato them sprinkle with fresh coriander, extra chili (or chili flakes) and drizzle over a little more of that divine tahini and lime dressing!
- Enjoy xo
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week