Keto Egg Fried Rice
Asian-style cauli-rice with prawns, toasted almonds and fresh herbs.
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup Cauliflower, (cauli-rice)
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Cooked Shrimp, tails removed
- 3 cup 3 cup 3 cup White Mushrooms, sliced
- 2 pieces 2 pieces 2 pieces Spring Onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, grated
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Hot Chili Pepper, chopped
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs, scrambled
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Almonds, toasted, flaked
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp fresh Basil, chopped, fresh
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Mint Leaves, chopped, fresh
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped, fresh
- 0.5 pieces 0.5 pieces 0.5 pieces Lime Juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Fish Sauce
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Prepare the Cauli-rice by grating the cauliflower. Don't cook it.
- Grate the ginger and finely chop the chili peppers. Place on a large heavy-based pan greased with ghee, butter or coconut oil. Cook briefly for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for another 3 minutes (white mushrooms contain less carbs than brown).
- Add the cauli-rice and mix in well. Season with salt to taste and cook for another 5 minutes while stirring frequently.
- Finely chop the spring onion and add it to the pan together with the peeled, cooked prawns.
- In a bowl, scramble the eggs and pour in the pan while stirring. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the coconut aminos and fish sauce.
- Add freshly chopped herbs, lime juice and cook for a minute. Take off the heat and set aside.
- Add toasted flaked almonds. To toast the almonds, simply place them on a pan and roast over medium-high heat. Do not grease the pan and roast for 2-3 minutes while stirring frequently to prevent the almonds from burning.
- Done - enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week