“Linguine” with Clams
One of my favorite meals growing up was when my mom would make linguine in clam sauce. We make this old-time favorite of mine paleo by using spaghetti squash, seasoned only from the sautéed vegetables, and topped with clams fresh off the grill. —Hayley
- 1 cup 1 cup Asparagus, tips
- 1 1/2 Tbsp 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil, Extra Virgin
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Shallot, minced
- 20 oz 20 oz Clams, grilled
- 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 cup 3 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, stems removed, cut in half
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 whole 1 whole Spaghetti Squash, baked
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- In a frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and shallot in olive oil until translucent.
- Add asparagus and continue to sauté for one minute.
- Add mushrooms, drizzle with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and continue to sauté for 5–7 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Remove mushrooms and asparagus from heat.
- Add baked spaghetti squash to the frying pan and toss with the mushrooms and asparagus.
- Place clams on a hot grill, and cook until the clams pop open.
- Remove clams from the grill once they open.
- Place the squash, mushrooms, and asparagus mixture in a bowl.
- Top with clams, and serve.
Clams that are open prior to cooking should not be consumed. On the other hand, any clams that do not open during cooking should not be consumed either.