15 minutes to 20 minutes
about 30 minutes
Combining aspects of an omelet and a quiche, this versatile dish is wonderful with any vegetable pairing. Get creative with this one and explore new flavors to always keep your frittatas interesting.
- 1 cup 1 cup Spinach, chopped
- 1 cup 1 cup White Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Coconut Oil, Organic
- 3 3 Asparagus, spears, chopped
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup Yellow Onion, diced
- 8 whole 8 whole Eggs, Pastured
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to bake at 350°F.
- In an oven-safe skillet, heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil over medium heat.
- Sauté vegetables for 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms have softened.
- Remove vegetables from heat and set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk eggs.
- Stir vegetables into the eggs.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil in the oven-safe skillet over medium-low heat.
- Pour frittata mixture into the skillet and slow cook for 4–5 minutes.
- Transfer frittata to the oven and cook for 12 minutes, or until the frittata has achieved a spongy firmness to the touch.
- Slice and serve with crumbled bacon on top, along with a dash of cracked pepper.
Great mix-ins for frittatas are ground beef or breakfast sausage. You could also add the bacon into the mixture before cooking.