Chicken and Vegetable Lo Mein
Homemade Chinese food was a frequent request for dinner when I was growing up. After going primal, I began to miss some of my favorite Chinese dishes. This recipe brings some familiar Eastern flavors together for a fabulous reinterpretation of chicken and vegetable lo mein.
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil, toasted
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ginger Root, minced
- 1 lb 1 lb Chicken Breast, Skinless , cubed
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Water Chestnuts
- 2 cup 2 cup Broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Shiitake Mushrooms, stems removed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup Shredded Green Cabbage
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
- Heat wok or skillet over high heat.
- Add sesame oil, minced ginger and garlic, and sauté for 1 minute to allow the flavors to infuse the oil.
- Add chicken to the wok, and cook, stirring frequently for 3–4 minutes, or until the chicken is mostly cooked.
- Add in broccoli, water chestnuts, celery, and shiitake mushrooms; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add in almonds, cabbage, and green onion.
- Pour in coconut aminos (2–4 tbsp).
- Cook 2–3 minutes, until cabbage softens a little.
- Remove from heat, and garnish with sesame seeds.
Alternative protein options for this dish would be beef, bison, pork, or shrimp. All would be delicious!