BBLT / Bison, Bacon, Lettuce, and Tomato
8 minutes to 10 minutes
about 30 minutes
The familiar flavors of the venerable BLT bring this bison burger to life. This twist on an American classic is best enjoyed outdoors on a warm summer evening paired with our Cajun sweet potato fries.
- 1 1 Tomato, Beefsteak, sliced
- 1 lb 1 lb Ground Bison
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp 2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 8 pieces 8 pieces Bacon, (2 per burger)
- 4 pieces 4 pieces Butter Lettuce, (1 per burger)
- Cook bacon until crispy in a skillet on medium heat, flipping as needed.
- Remove from heat, and place bacon on a plate lined with paper towels to cool.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground meat with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Form ground meat into 4 equal-sized burger patties.
- Grill burgers 4–5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and set aside.
- Carefully place tomato slices on the grill.
- Grill tomato slices 3 minutes per side.
- Remove tomatoes from grill.
- Top the burgers with lettuce, tomato, bacon, and serve.
- Serve with Cajun Sweet Potato Fries.
Tomatoes have a wonderful flavor when grilled, but they get very soft and can be hard to handle. We recommend grilling them on a grill plate or foil so that they do not fall apart when removing them from the grill.