Vietnamese Beef Meatballs
Vietnamese Beef Meatballs: small on calories and big on Asian flavor, with lemongrass, cilantro, and mint. Serve individually as appetizers, or as an entree with spicy green beans.
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, small, diced fine
- 3 clove 3 clove 3 clove Garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Lemongrass, minced
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Mint Leaves, chopped
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Fish Sauce
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- .25 cup .25 cup .25 cup Raw Honey
- 10 whole 10 whole 10 whole Kaffir Lime Leaves, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add the ground beef, shallots, cloves, lemongrass, cilantro, mint, fish sauce, salt and pepper. Combine with your hands.
- Form the beef mixture into 1 1/2 inch balls and place them on a baking sheet at least 1 inch apart.
- Pour the honey in a small bowl and heat it in the microwave for 10-15 seconds to soften it. Brush the honey onto the meatballs.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake the meatballs for 15-20 minutes, until cooked through.
- To serve as an appetizer, line a platter with Indonesian lime leaves and place a meatball in the center of each one. Provide toothpicks for serving.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week